Parish Ministries Council
The mission of the Parish Ministries Council, in support of the Mission of Trinity Parish, is to assist the Clergy in coordination of the internal and external ministries of Trinity Parish.
Duties & Responsibilities of the PMC
- Coordinate the ministries of the parish.
- Facilitate communications among the ministries and to the congregation.
- Review the ministries of the parish and report their activity to the vestry.
- Examine potential new ministries and make recommendations to the vestry.
- Ensure that parish organizations are functioning and viable; assist those organizations by obtaining resources needed to achieve their objectives; and insure that newcomers are appropriately incorporated into parish life.
- Undertake other projects as the vestry and clergy may direct.
Members of the PMC, led by Rector to include lay members as follows:
- Worship: Altar Guild, Vergers, Ushers, Greeters, Music, Choir, Handbells, Children’s choir
- Formation: Adult Sunday School, Canterbury Club, The Network, Youth Leader, Godly Play, Nursery, Children’s Chapel, Vacation Bible School
- Outreach: Pastoral Care, Nashville CARES, Loaves & Fishes, Room in the Inn/Firehouse Day Shelter, F.U.E.L., Empty Bowls, Military Outreach, Education Outreach, Senior Housing
- Parish Life: Picnics & Parties, Coffee Hour, Wednesday Night Suppers, Red Door Committee, Supper Clubs, ECW, DOK, New Member Mentoring, Trinity Travelers, Needles
- Pastoral Care: Lay Eucharistic Visitors, Funeral Receptions, Take Them A Meal, Altar Flower distribution, prayer requests
- Administrative: Communications, Vestry Representative, Parish Administrator
The intent is for the membership to be representative of the diversity of the parish.
Parish Ministries Council Ministry Chairs:
Team Leader: Katie Dean, email@example.com
Team Leader: Kendall Welsh, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair: Rector, Rev. Meghan Holland, Meghan@trinityparish.com
*Adminsitrative is not a ministry area and will not have a chair or co-chair on the PMC. However, the Communication Committee chair and the Stewardship Chair will be members of the PMC for coordination purposes.