The following Christian Education Activities are offered year-round and include classes appropriate for all age groups.
Ages Under 4 — Nursery available during 9:30 Service on Sundays
Ages 4 – 7 — Children’s Chapel at the 9:30 Service on Sundays (Children Rejoin Parents at Offertory)
Ages 4 – 18 — Sunday School 10:45 a.m. – Noon
Children’s Sunday School – We offer two classes, one for K-2nd grade and another for 3rd-5th grade, using the Godly Play curriculum. The program follows a Montessori-based story-wondering-response model, followed by a prayer and feast that connects children to the Episcopal worship tradition.
Children’s Chapel – Children’s Chapel is provided for children three years of age and older. Children’s Chapel, located near the nursery, includes age-appropriate songs, prayers and lessons. These children are escorted back to the worship area in time to share Holy Communion with their parents and the rest of the adult congregation.
Wednesdays, 6:45 – 8:00 pm (During the school year)
Sunday School- 10:45 am
Our youth program, draws middle and high-schoolers on Wednesday nights for fun, fellowship and spiritual development. They meet as a Sunday School Bible study class as well. Each year, they organize a Cardboard Village event to spend the night experiencing homelessness, and a Fat Tuesday Pancake Supper. Recent fun activities have included mission trip, canoeing, movies, bonfires and a Super Bowl party.
Adult Education Groups meet 8:30 & 11:00 a.m. on Sundays and 7:00 p.m. on Wednesdays. Nursery care is provided on Wednesday nights from 6:15 – 8:15 p.m. for children under elementary school age. Below is a list of typical offerings. You may also reference our calendar or contact the parish office.
- Discussion series: Tackles a different topic or book, with recent topics being church leadership, and environmental stewardship.
- Anglican Traditions: History-focused discussion of church theology and the Book of Common Prayer.
- Old Testament series
- Book Study: A group of older adults, recently discussing the lives of the saints and famous Christian writers.
- Vacation Bible School: Community-wide themed week of education and fun organized and staffed by volunteers.
- Inquirers: Confirmation class held in the spring, both in preparation for confirmation or baptism and as a refresher course for anyone interested.