The following Christian Education Activities are offered year-round and include classes appropriate for all age groups.
Ages Under 4 — Nursery available during 9 am Sunday School, 10 a.m. Service on Sundays and during Wednesday evening classes.
Ages 4 through 8 — Children’s Chapel is available during the 10 a.m. Service on Sundays (Children Rejoin Parents at Offertory)
Ages 4 – 18 — Sunday School 9 am – 9:45 a.m.
Children’s Sunday School – We offer two classes, one for K-2nd grade and another for 3rd-5th grade, using the Godly Play curriculum. The program follows a Montessori-based story-wondering-response model, followed by a prayer and feast that connects children to the Episcopal worship tradition.
Children’s Chapel – Children’s Chapel is provided for children four through eight years of age. Children’s Chapel, located near the nursery, includes age-appropriate songs, prayers and lessons. These children are escorted back to the worship area in time to share Holy Communion with their parents and the rest of the adult congregation.
Youth Group: Wednesdays, 6:45 – 8:00 p.m. (During the school year)
Sunday School: 9 a.m. (During the school year)
The youth program, draws middle and high-schoolers on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings for fun, fellowship and spiritual development. Each year, they organize a Cardboard Village event to spend the night experiencing homelessness, and a Fat Tuesday Pancake Supper. Recent fun activities have included mission trip, canoeing, movies, bonfires and a Super Bowl party.
Adult Education Groups meet 9 & 11:15 am on Sundays and 6:45 p.m. on Wednesdays. Nursery care is provided on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights from 6:15 – 8:15 p.m. for children under elementary school age. Below is a list of typical offerings. You may also reference our calendar or contact the parish office.
Sunday Mornings at Trinity
- Adult Bible Study(Upper Level, Vestry Room)
- Forum Series: “What Happened at General Convention?”– Join Mo. Meghan in discussing the business of the 2018 General Convention in Austin. Find out what’s happening in the larger church! September 9 & 16th. (Main Level, Library).
- The Wired Word: Lectionary and Headlines: After Mo. Meghan’s forum series, there will be a break before another forum starts up! This is the time to explore the Lectionary passages side-by-side with today’s headlines. These self-studies will be available in the Library every Sunday, for those that wish to participate in an unmoderated discussion. (Library)
Sunday Mornings 11:15 a.m.
- Book of Common Prayer and Me: Dr. Richard Gildrie continues his in-depth exploration of the Book of Common Prayer.
Wednesday Evenings at Trinity
5:45 p.m. The Gathering: Greet your friends and neighbors in the name of the Lord! Come, get settled for a filling (physically and spiritually) evening!
6 p.m. Dinner – a catered supper is provided by members Jim Vickers and Brian Schafer. This food is NOT TO BE MISSED! A suggested donation of $5/person or $10/family however no one will be turned away!
- Nursery: Babies-Kindergarten – A small, age appropriate craft of project will be offered.
- Mystery Class: While we assess the number of elementary schoolers we have at Wednesday nights, as well as their interests, we’ll be developing something special just for this age group. So if your family and your elementary schooler will be coming on Wednesday, please let us know! Contact Bethany Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org Paul Laugeness at email@example.com
- Youth Group– Middle schoolers and High Schoolers exploring spirituality and community through fun and fellowship. Interim Youth Minister, Rex Cummings, will be mentoring the youth group on Wednesday nights, as well as planning some great activities throughout the year!
- Book Study led by Dr. Gildrie
- General Convention Discussions Continued: (September 12 & 19) Continue the Sunday conversation about the happenings of our denomination with Mother Meg! (DC/Parish Hall)
- The Way of Love: (October)Presiding Bishop Curry has invited the whole church to take up The Way of Love, a “rule of life” focused on practices for Jesus-Centered Life. Join us on Wednesday to find out more about engaging The Way of Love, developing and following a rule of life, walking with others, the Jesus Movement, and more. (DC/Parish Hall)
- Adult Class, Alpha Mike Dale will be leading this class for those who would like to explore basic questions about the Christian faith through discussion in a friendly and open environment. All are welcome. (Upper Level, Vestry Room)
7:45 p.m. – Compline: Wrap up the evening by reuniting as a family for Compline, the Episcopal version of “bedtime prayers.” This brief, monastic-style service will leave you feeling completely at peace and ready to face the rest of the week with Christ at your side. Not to be missed.
- Vacation Bible School: Community-wide themed week of education and fun organized and staffed by volunteers.
- Inquirers: Confirmation class held in the spring, both in preparation for confirmation or baptism and as a refresher course for anyone interested.