Winter 2019 Christian Education Schedule
Sundays (Starting Sept. 9)
Nursery: Nursery care is available for your little ones from 9am-Noon.
- Godly Play 1: An introductory Godly Play experience for Pre-schoolers and Lower Elementary Schoolers. The Godly Play approach helps children explore their faith through story, to gain religious language and to enhance their spiritual experience though wonder and play. Based on Montessori principles and developed using a spiral curriculum, Godly Play provides a unique, individualized Christian foundation to each child. (Lower Level, Godly Play Room 1)
- Godly Play 2: The spiral curriculum deepens in this Godly Play class for upper elementary schoolers. Children are exposed to more and more stories from Scripture and Tradition. They are also invited into deeper methods of theological reflection. This class is the perfect foundation for a Christian life and is a wonderful place to bring life’s burning questions. (Lower Level, Godly Play Room 2)
- Youth Sunday School: Using a variety of resources, Middle and High schoolers explore the lectionary scripture of the day and apply it to their own lives. About half way through, middle schoolers and high schoolers separate by age group to have some more focused discussion with a mentor. (Lower Level, Youth Room)
- Adult Bible Study (Upper Level, Vestry Room) Led by Brian Schafer
- Lectionary Study– Join James Moore and your fellow parishioner for weekly discussion and study of that Sunday’s lectionary readings. Visit the Lectionary Page to view each week’s readings. (Main Level, Library).
- Choir: Make a joyful noise! Do you have an aptitude and love for music? Do you want to lift your voice unto the Lord? Consider joining the choir! The choir rehearses on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings. (Upper Level, Choir Room)
11:15 am – All Are Welcome:
Coffee and Conversation: Join us after the 7:30am and 10am services for some informal conversation and a cup of coffee!
- BCP and Me: Dr. Richard Gildrie continues his in-depth exploration of the Book of Common Prayer. Bring your questions and try to stump him! This class will increase your appreciation of our beloved Prayer Book and its theology. (Upper Level, Vestry Room)
- Adult Bell Choir: Ring out! Join the bell choir and help provide music for our special services. This vibrant music ministry is perfect for anyone that wants to help some angels get their wings. 😉 Contact Director, Jeff Morrow, for more information. (Upper Level, Bell Choir)
- Youth Bell Choir: This is the handbell choir for youth. Youth Handbells works with the fundamentals of handbell ringing. ALL youth are welcome to join whether or not they have any previous handbell or music experience. Youth handbells usually play for worship once or twice a quarter. Contact Lisa Mejeun for more information. (Upper Level, Bell Choir)
- Adult Bible Study! Join us at Trinity for a sack-lunch (or take out of your choice!) to discuss the upcoming Sunday lectionary passages! Contact Mo. Meghan email@example.com
- EfM (Education for Ministry) Adult Class
Wednesday Evenings @ Trinity (starting Sept. 12)
- The Gathering: Greet your friends and neighbors in the name of the Lord! Come in and get settled for a filling (both physically and spiritually!) evening!
- Dinner is served! A catered supper is provided by members Jim Vickers and Brian Schafer. The food is NOT TO BE MISSED! A suggested minimum donation of $5/Individual, $20.family.
- Nursery: Babies-Kindergarten – A small, age appropriate craft of project will be offered.
- Mystery Class: While we assess the number of elementary schoolers we have at Wednesday nights, as well as their interests, we’ll be developing something special just for this age group. So if your family and your elementary schooler will be coming on Wednesday, please let us know! Contact Bethany Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or Paul Laugeness at email@example.com
- Youth Group – Middle schoolers and High Schoolers exploring spirituality and community through fun and fellowship. Interim Youth Minister, Rex Cummings, will be mentoring the youth group on Wednesday nights, as well as planning some great activities throughout the year!
- Book Study led by Dr. Gildrie
- The Wired Word: Lectionary and Headlines: Explore the Lectionary passages side-by-side with today’s headlines. These self-studies will be available in the Vestry/Meeting Room, for those that wish to participate in an unmoderated discussion. (Vestry Room, Upper Level)
- Adult Choir: Make a joyful noise! Do you have an aptitude and love for music? Do you want to lift your voice unto the Lord? Consider joining the choir! The choir rehearses on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings. (Upper Level, Choir Room)
- Compline: Wrap up the evening by reuniting as a family for Compline, the Episcopal version of “bedtime prayers.” This brief, monastic-style service will leave you feeling completely at peace and ready to face the rest of the week with Christ at your side. Not to be missed.