All youth and adult Sunday School classes will begin Sunday, September 8, 2019.
The following Christian Education Activities are offered year-round and include classes appropriate for all age groups.
Sundays 9 am – Noon/Wednesday Evenings 6:45 pm – 7:45 pm
Infants to Under 4 : The Nursery available during 9 am & 11:15 am Sunday School classes, 10 a.m. Service on Sundays, and Wednesday evening classes.
Children’s Sunday School
9 am – 9:45 am
Godly Play 1: An introductory experience for Pre-schoolers and Lower Elementary Schoolers. The Godly Play approach helps children explore their faith through stories from Scripture and our liturgical tradition. The program follows a Montessori based story-wondering-response model, followed by prayers and a feast that connect children to the Episcopal worship tradition. (Lower level, Godly Play room 1)
Godly Play 2: The spiral curriculum deepens in this Godly Play class for upper elementary schoolers. Children are exposed to more and more stories from scripture and tradition. They are also invited into deeper methods of theological reflection. This class is the perfect foundation for Christian life and is a wonderful place to bring life’s burning questions. (Lower level, Godly Play room 2)
Offered during the 10 am Sunday Service
Children’s Chapel is provided for children three (potty trained) through elementary school. Children’s Chapel, located near the nursery, includes age-appropriate songs, prayers and lessons. These children are escorted back to the worship area in time to share Holy Communion with their parents and the rest of the adult congregation.
Youth Group: Wednesdays, 6:45 – 8:00 p.m. (During the school year)
Sunday School: 9 a.m. (During the school year)
The youth program, draws middle and high-schoolers on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings for fun, fellowship and spiritual development. Each year, they organize a Cardboard Village event to spend the night experiencing homelessness, and a Fat Tuesday Pancake Supper. Recent fun activities have included mission trip, canoeing, movies, bonfires and a Super Bowl party.
Adult Education Groups meet 9 am & 11:15 am on Sundays and 6:45 p.m. on Wednesdays. Nursery care is provided on Sunday mornings 9 am to noon as well as Wednesday evenings from 6:45 – 8:00 p.m. Below is a list of typical offerings. You may also reference our calendar or contact the parish office.
Sunday morning classes resume September 8, 2019. Below are the currently scheduled classes.
- Adult Bible Study (Upper Level, Vestry Room) Brian Schafer will guide us through the Book of Job. Why do bad things happen to good people?
Week 1: an overview of the Book of Job. An Outline. It’s age, and comparative literature in the ancient Near East. Suggested reading the introduction to Job from any Study Bible.
Week 2: The Prologue. Suggested Reading, Chapters 1&2. Question: is this literal, or metaphorical? What is the heavenly court? Who is Satan?
Week 3: Chapter 3 Job’s breaks his silence. The primal scream. What would we do if we were to be angry with God?
Week 4: to be announced.
- Lectionary Class (Main Level, Library) Jim Moore will lead us through the Lectionary with a focus on today’s Gospel.
Sunday Mornings 11:15 a.m.
- Bible Study: Dr. Richard Gildrie will lead us through the Gospel of John.
Wednesday Evenings at Trinity
Wednesday Evenings will begin Sunday, September 11, 2019.
5:45 p.m. The Gathering: Greet your friends and neighbors in the name of the Lord! Come, get settled for a filling (physically and spiritually) evening!
6 p.m. Dinner – a catered supper is provided by members Jim Vickers and Brian Schafer. This food is NOT TO BE MISSED! A suggested donation of $7/person or $14 max/family however no one will be turned away!
- Nursery: Infants-Kindergarten – A small, age appropriate craft of project will be offered.
- Youth Group– Middle schoolers and High Schoolers exploring spirituality and community through fun and fellowship. Interim Youth Minister, Rex Cummings, will be mentoring the youth group on Wednesday nights, as well as planning some great activities throughout the year!
- Book Study led by Dr. Gildrie
- Wired Word (Upper Level, Vestry Room) A discussion of contemporary news item(s) from a religious perspective .
7:45 p.m. – Compline: ALL AGES. Wrap up the evening by reuniting as a family for Compline, the Episcopal version of “bedtime prayers.” This brief, monastic-style service will leave you feeling completely at peace and ready to face the rest of the week with Christ at your side. Not to be missed.
EfM (Education for Ministry)
We will once again offer two class times for EfM classes. Both classes are slated to start in late August, both on Monday at 10 AM and 6 PM (times and day are subject to change). Mother Meghan will be leading the 10 AM class and Mark Hunter will lead the 6 PM class.
This is an exciting program and will surely enhance your knowledge of scripture and your ability to articulate your Christian belief, as well as provide a theological methodology.
Please see Mother Meghan or Mark Hunter with questions and further details.
- Vacation Bible School: Community-wide themed week of education and fun organized and staffed by volunteers.
- Inquirers: Confirmation class held in the spring, both in preparation for confirmation or baptism and as a refresher course for anyone interested.