Trinity’s Staged Plan for Reopening
Posted on June 12, 2020
Plan updated September 21, 2020
Stage 1: Preparation (happening now)
- Deep Cleaning
- Preparation of worship space
Stage 2: Early Stage of Reopening
Date: June 15th
- Parish offices reopen Tuesday-Thursday, 10am-2pm
- We ask visitors to call or email ahead for appointments with staff and/or to make arrangements to be on site.
- Visitors will be required to wear masks and, when appropriate, gloves.
- Visitors will be required to practice social distancing.
- Online Sunday/mid-week services will continue.
- Meetings will continue to be conducted via Zoom.
- Internal/External groups will not be allowed to meet on the property.
- Special services (funerals, etc.) will be allowed with masks and other social distancing measures.
- No singing will be allowed.
Stage 3: Later stage of Reopening
Date Sept. 27 for In Person Worship, Oct. 1 – Outside Groups
- Three Sunday services (Morning Prayer) will be provided: 8am, 9:30am, 11am
- 20 households or less will be allowed at each service
- Households will pre-register online or by calling the church office (931) 645-2458.
- Congregants will be expected to practice social distancing and sit in assigned pews
- Masks will be required
- Anyone not wearing a mask will be asked to leave
- Singing will not be allowed, though we will find other ways to provide music!
- Offering plates will be positioned at each door
- Volunteers will need to be organized/assigned cleaning tasks between each service
- The 9:30 am service will be streamed or live streamed for those that cannot attend
- Those that are 65+ or with high risk health issues will be encouraged not to attend during this stage
- We will continue to mail/email resources
- Meetings will continue to be conducted via Zoom
- Internal/External groups of <10 will be allowed to meet in the Parish Hall
- Groups will be responsible for cleaning/disinfecting the spaces they use, including the bathrooms
- No coffee hour or other food or beverages will be served by any group
- Should anyone be diagnosed with Covid-19, we politely ask that they disclose the diagnosis to the church ASAP so that we may alert others that may have been in contact with the virus
- No childcare will be offered for services/events/etc. Materials will continue to be sent home.
Stage 4: A New Normal
Date TBA: (Date dependent on COVID data in our area.)
- Social distance seating and staggered services continue
- Weekly services resume using same safety precautions
- Most of Stage 3 designations will remain in place
- We will begin to offer communion (in part) once again, observing strict safety measures
- Lay Eucharistic Visits resume
- Nursery care resumes (subject to change based on research and data)
Stage 5: Population vaccinated